Hello, we’re an international team with expertise in microfinance, data science, behavioural economics and human-centered design. We started Rubyx in 2019 to revolutionise the way informal entrepreneurs and small businesses fund their activities.
We’ve built a cloud-native, API-driven digital lending platform that enables service providers to rapidly launch innovative loan products that meet the needs and expectations of borrowers. Rubyx lowers the cost of entry to AI capabilities and makes credit scoring algorithms easy to understand so that the power of data benefits all.
Pioneering new lending ecosystem models, we support different types of partnerships:
- We enable non-lenders such as digital platforms to easily embed lending features into their services to deliver more value to their customers.
- We work with banks and microfinance institutions to help them accelerate their digital transformation and reach new markets.
Currently, we operate in the following countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Tunisia, Jordan, Georgia, India and Madagascar.
We’re passionate about the many opportunities to rethink microfinance together, but we’re not just painting pretty pictures; we draw our inspiration from many years of experience in microfinance and spending days and days in the field to observe the ways informal entrepreneurs and small businesses work.
Working with us
We each work with a high degree of autonomy and take responsibility for our tasks. Using tools like Slack and Trello, we stay focused on the most important activities. Joining us brings the benefit of being able to shape and build your own practice in a start-up environment.
We work remotely and get things done. Our team is spread out from Canada to China, sometimes you’ll have to put an effort to schedule meetings that work for everyone. Mostly, for you this means flexible working hours.
We believe work should be fairly rewarded. We offer competitive compensation based on your experience and expertise, including stock options.
We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer or CFO who will be tasked with risk management and financial strategy planning. You will be responsible for active investigation and safeguarding of the company's finances in order to help us achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
We expect you to be highly proficient in all aspects of financial management including basic accounting as well as broad investment and banking operations. You should also be an excellent leader to ensure effective control over all relative departments of our organization.
- Organize the finance function, including accounting, reporting, and financial planning;
- Create reliable reports (both for internal and external stakeholders, including shareholders) and forecasts
- Oversee cash flows for the company’s operations
- Organize the company’s finance IT system
- Manage the finance team (1 FTE) and the relationship with our external accountancy firm;
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors/partners, including banks
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and legal regulations, including corporate housekeeping
Start up fundraising
- Manage all aspects of the company's fundraising plans (structuring, negotiation with investors, drafting legal documents in coordination with external lawyers, etc)
- Set up a stock option plan for employees
Off-Balance Sheet Loan portfolio ALM
- Together with our operation team, create and manage our project business plans, forecasting the digital loan portfolios evolution
- Active ALM to fund our digital loan portfolios across Africa with local and international financial institutions
- 5+ years experience of working as a CFO or Finance Officer
- Solid experience in strategy building, and financial risk management, preferably in a start-up/fintech environment
- Good practical experience with Google suite tools and financial management software
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge of ALM techniques and corporate finance law is a plus;
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field;
- Fluent in French and English.
- Open-minded and able to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Cultivate the start-up spirit and look for innovation and excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a distributed working environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in fast-changing environments.